300g pitted dates
100g cashew nuts
50g coconut flour
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
500ml coconut cream (refrigerated)
1 tbsp agave
300g Lindt 90% dark chocolate
400ml coconut milk
20g cashew nuts
- For the base, firstly melt the coconut oil. Then blend all base ingredients in a food processor until sticky consistency. Transfer into the cake tin and press down until levelled out and compressed. This can now be kept in the fridge while you make the rest of the cake.
- Slice both bananas and cover the base with an even layer.
- Melt the agave (make sure not to burn) and mix in a bowl with the coconut cream. This mixture will go on top of the banana. Keep in fridge while you make the top layer.
- Prepare the chocolate, by breaking up the three bars into small pieces. In a pot, bring one full can of coconut milk to the boil, and when you see it has began to boil take it off the heat. Straight away, add the Lindt dark chocolate and stir until a thick, smooth consistency. Add as top layer of cake.
- In a pestle and mortar, crush 20g cashew nuts and sprinkle over cake to decorate. Keep the cake refrigerated over night before serving.