- Balthazar - My number one Manhattan #happyplace. If you're looking to dress up and celebrate something special this is your location. French food, beautiful decor and top dollar service. Diners can also choose from an extensive wine list, a raw seafood bar, and breads and pastries from Balthazar bakery. It’s only downside is that it is ALWAYS booked out (so be sure to call ahead), but this means you are guaranteed the best atmosphere in the city! Celeb sightings, so be sure to cough up the dollars :)
- Five Leaves - Is the permanent queue really worth it? YES. Probably the best brunch in NY and coolest spot in the new up-and -coming area of Brooklyn - Greenpoint. The coolest wait staff. Edgy interior. Sit on the side-walks of Greenpoint, enjoying the best buttermilk pancakes and grapefruit Margarita in town, while spotting unique brooklyn style.
- Jack’s wife Freda - Want to know where all the New Yorkers are? This is everyones favourite local. In the heart of Soho, Jack’s wife Freda is a lively all-day bistro executing American-Mediterranean cooking & classic cocktails in understated digs. “Our love for the city is reflected in all that we do….” Need I say more?
- Cafe Mogador - As a child I spent a lot of time in Morocco. As soon as you step into this restaurant, in both the East Village and Williamsburg location, its like being transported into the exotic colourful streets of Marrakesh. The tiled floors, lantern-lit corners and smell of fresh mint tea are so inviting and different to anywhere else in NY.
- Liquiteria - Too busy shopping to stop for a meal? This is your spot. With endless healthy options, green juices and the best acaí bowls in town, this place is the perfect pit-stop to grab food on the go!
- Cafe Gitane - Again with a mediterranean - moroccan twist this hipster spot is the home of avocado toast and my all-time favourite dish, Moroccan couscous with merguez sausage. The Jane street location is in the heart of the Meatpacking district, perfect for delicious cocktails and dinner before hitting the top night clubs and bars.
- Beauty and Essex - There is literally no cooler place! From the outside, what deceivingly looks like a pawn shop by day, at night transforms into a secret location for food, drinks and party! To get in you walk through the closed pawn shop and enter the most incredible interior with a cocktail list to die for. Get dressed up and go down town for a buzzing dinner!
- The Blind Barber - In the heart of East Village. Daytime haircuts and drinks in the front room morph into a lively speakeasy cocktail bar at night. Awesome atmosphere, perfect location and DJ knows his R&B tunes - you wont want to leave! Go on a week-night to avoid queues.
- AP Cafe - With they're catch phrase being “Nourish your body, mind & [creative] soul,” you know you can expect more than just your average coffee shop. Its a bit of a journey out to Bushwick, but definitely worth visiting the most up-and-coming area in Brooklyn with amazing street art, and some of the coolest newly opened eateries. At AP Cafe you will most likely find yourself distracted by the physical beauty behind the minimalistic architecture & design, but the artistry runs below the surface and is just as present in the delicious healthy menu. My fav - the kale salad served with quinoa coated avocado, lemon vinaigrette and chipotle cashews.
- The Smile - The Smile is a cozy, subterranean café on picturesque Bond Street in Downtown Manhattan, the perfect location for brunch before a stroll through soho. This restaurant is known to be one of the Olsen twin’s favourite hangouts, serving breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Van Leeuwen Artisan Icecream - EV and Greenpoint location. Vegan icecream. Where Salted Caramel died and went to heaven.
- Mud -Brunch all Day, selected Wines & specialty Craft Beers, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner world-kitchen-style with the finest Ingredients from NYC’s Market Place. As well as Mudspot in the EV, they have the Mud truck parked up on all the busy corners - making the mud to-go-cup the ‘it’ thing to be carrying. The best and most kick ass coffee in the US. Do not end your NY trip without enjoying a cup of MUD. Seriously.
It was meant to be my top 10 NY spots. But I heard the new done thing in 2016 is ‘top 12’? I’m starting a trend, let’s see if anyone follows! Enjoy, MP x